This version adds following changes and fixes:
- # bug #8490 - IOException thrown when saving desknote
- # bug #8215 - DeskNotes icons in notification area menu should be colored as they are on desktop
New: ClickOnce release
Newly ClickOnce release type was added as experimental at this time. Please note following shortcomings I noticed when using it:
- Publisher of DeskNotes clickonce release is unknown as I don't have a real publiher key
- DeskNotes shortcut is not placed in Startup group in Windows Start menu
- Upon every start DeskNotes check this web for newer version
See previous release 2.3.0
previous fixes and features added.
DeskNotes 2.x.x can be installed using DeskNotes_Setup_2.x.x_Final.msi download. After downloading the file start the installation. It will create DeskNotes icon on Windows desktop and in Startup folder in start menu.
DeskNotes can be also simply unzipped from DeskNotes_2.X.X_Final_executable.zip file. This zip file contains all necessary binaries to start using DeskNotes
Upon 1st start DeskNotes asks for providing data files where data are stored. DeskNotes asks for Data file
and Archive file
. Data file
is used to store information displayed on Windows desktop, while Archive file
stores archived DeskNotes which don't appear on a desktop. These files are created if they don't exist.
DeskNotes requires MS .NET Framework 2.0
to run. MS .NET Framework 2.0 is available on Windows Vista and Windows 7, but must be downloaded and installed on Windows XP.
DeskNotes 2.1 and newer bundles NRTFTree library
0.3.3503 which is licensed under Lesser GPL (LGPL).